Life - By Poets

The most amazing
miracle: I opened my eyes
today morning.
- Max

Poetry: fuzzy
logic, sharp arithmetic.
Metric rules enslave.
- me

Strewn up petals
of red and yellow
spring blossoms on
the sidewalks.
Festivities of a
wedding that's
over.
- Nuzhat

Juicy jamuns for
parrots, kohl-lined eyes for me.
Joy's given to all.
- me

A Nordic blonde in
a deep purple sari. Contrast
is bewitching.
- Max

Tattered roses in
a balcony flower-pot.
Joy cares not for form.
- me

When meaninglessness
of life hits me, I feel like
a dumb sand pillar.
- Max

When meaninglessness
of life hits me, I feel the
joy of vagrancy.
- me

Fixing the broken
pieces of a ceramic
basket and placing
fruits in it, my
mother found
peace in her
unorderly world.
- Nuzhat

Thick juice down my neck
tells me summer's come at last.
Mangoes kill all woes.
- me

Evening summer
breeze intoxicates
me with her sweet
earth fragrance.
Silently whispers in
my ears: 'I'm
getting ready
for the rains'.
- Nuzhat

Funny how name-dropping
changes to name-calling
when one's defeated.
- me

Summer helps me savor
each single drop of
approaching rain.
- Alaka

Fiery raag Deepak
changes to raag Malhar.
Clouds block out the sun.
- me

A colorful painting
turns to a black and
white photograph.
Changes into a rough
sketch. Past fades
away bit by bit.
- Nuzhat

Comments

Popular Posts