Castles in the air - they are so easy to take refuge in. And so easy to build, too.

आम्हां घरी धन शब्दांचीच रत्नें | शब्दांचीच शस्त्रें यत्न करुं ||
शब्द चि आमुच्या जीवांचे जीवन | शब्दें वांटूं धन जनलोकां ||
तुका म्हणे पाहा शब्द चि हा देव | शब्द चि गौरव पूजा करुं ||
- abhang of Tukaram Wolhoba Ambile of Dehu

There's No Freedom Like That of a Child's Imagination

கடலுக்கு உண்டு கற்பனைக்கு இல்லை கட்டுப்பாடு

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Godawful Poetry Fortnight - 8



Whenever I think of your name, I say save me, save me!
Whenever I look at your face, I cry save me, save me!

Sweetest words in your mouth become bitter, what do you eat?
Whenever you open your mouth, I cry save me, save me!

When you whisper the neighbours complain of noise pollution.
Whenever you begin to speak, I cry save me, save me!

Wherever you walk lush forests become barren deserts.
Whenever I see you arrive, I cry save me, save me!

The water you give me with your hands is deadly venom.
When you touch Ozymandias, I cry save me, save me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home