Visit to Indian Museum, Kolkata

Pictures of my visit to Indian Museum (formerly Asiatic Museum), J. L. Nehru Road, Kolkata on May 1, 2011. I was there at 9:15 AM and had to kill time by lugging one loaded suitcase and one heavy shoulderbag along JLN Road, then into New Market (closed mostly for celebrating Lal Din). Not a PCO in sight, for I was hoping to contact Dad. Came back to museum via Sudder Street, watching some charity feeding the poor, and thus understanding why Kolkata makes an industry of poverty.

Then I sat on my suitcase and read Wintersmith till the museum opened. Struggled through the crowds (most of whom carried on like zombies once inside the museum) to get my tickets, deposited my luggage at the baggage counter, whipped out my camera, then waited fifteen minutes for the other counter to open so I could get my camera ticket, and then I got down to business.

Which you can see in these pictures below:

Indian Museum

Comments

Popular Posts